OLD DOMINION OPEN: February 25, 2017
Richmond Raceway Complex
Event hours 8:30-5:30
Download Contest Forms (PDF format):
The forms can be edited on your computer and printed out before you come to the show. If you use a tablet or other mobile device, use an app such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit MobilePDF or Readdle PDF Expert to fill out the forms.
600 East Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23222
Location map via Google
Contest registration begins at 8:30 and ends at 12:30.
- Adult Category Registration fee: $15 for unlimited entries.
- Junior (age 17 & under) Category Registration fee: Free Admission.
- General Admission $5 for ages 13 & over; free for ages 12 & under.
- Active Duty Military (with ID): Free Admission.
- Uniformed Boy and Girl Scouts: Free Admission.
The show offers 68 different categories to enter your models. Category splits will be created if necessary the day of the show. Please read the rules regarding OOB entries and prepare accordingly. The complete category list is printed in the event brochure. See the "Download Contest Forms" section at the top of this page.
- Best In Show: Best model/subject in the show selected by the category head judges.
- Best of Awards: Junior Entry, Aircraft, Armor, Automobile, Figure, Maritime, Diorama/Vignette, and Space/Sci-Fi Subject.
- Best Historical Figure (Sci-fi & Fantasy excluded)
We welcome all modeling related vendors and hope you will be a part of our show. Vendor table reservations must be paid by January 30, 2016 to hold table requests. Unpaid table requests after that date will not be guaranteed and table space or desired location may not be available since table space is limited. Vendor cancellations may be made up to January 30, 2016. There will be no refunds after this date. The price is $35.00 per 8-foot table.
The mailing address for vendor payments is:
IPMS Richmond Vendors
PO Box 71205
Henrico, VA 23255
Questions? Please contact Jim Tomasello via the ODO Vendor Contact page.
The following have reserved table space. This list is subject to change, so check periodically for the latest.
We are very appreciative of any trophy package sponsorship. We'll have a list of sponsors and donors on prominent display at our show. Trophy packages (1st, 2nd & 3rd) are $25. Best of each class and remaining special awards including the Judge's Best of Show are $40 each. Sponsorships will also be recognized at our awards ceremony. For more info please contact Chazz Klanian via the Contact page, or by phone at .
Thank You Sponsors!
- IPMS ARM/AIR
- Artist Preservation Group
- AMPS Central Maryland
- AMPS Central Pennsylvania
- IPMS Central Maryland
- AMPS/IPMS Central Virginia
- IPMS George Preddy
- Hampton Roads Ship Model Society
- National Capital Model Soldier Society
- New Jersey IPMS
- IPMS/Northern Virginia Modelers
- Richmond Automotive Modelers Society
- IPMS Roanoke Valley
- IPMS Tidewater
- IPMS Washington, D.C.
- Tidewater Automotive Modelers Society
- Washington Ship Model Society
General Information Inquiries:
Please contact Bob Walls via the Contact page.