OLD DOMINION OPEN: February 27, 2016
Richmond Raceway Complex
Event hours 8:30-5:30
Download Contest Forms (PDF format):
The forms can be edited on your computer and printed out before you come to the show. If you use a tablet or other mobile device, use an app such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit MobilePDF or Readdle PDF Expert to fill out the forms.
Please download the top page of our show flier, alert your chapter mates and come back to this page for updates.
600 East Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23222
Location map via Google
Contest registration begins at 8:30 and ends at 12:30.
- Adult Category Registration fee: $15 for unlimited entries.
- Junior (age 17 & under) Category Registration fee: Free Admission.
- General Admission $5 for ages 13 & over; free for ages 12 & under.
- Uniformed Military Service Members: Free Admission.
- Uniformed Boy and Girl Scouts: Free Admission.
The show offers 67 different categories to enter your models. Category splits will be created if necessary the day of the show. Please read the rules regarding OOB entries and prepare accordingly. The complete listing can be found in the show flier, available for download in the "Download Contest Forms" section of this page.
- Best In Show: Best model/subject in the show selected by the category head judges.
- Best of Awards: Junior Entry, Aircraft, Armor, Automobile, Figure, Maritime, Diorama, and Space/Sci-Fi Subject.
- Best Historical Figure (Sci-fi & Fantasy excluded)
Our awards are not just an afterthought because you put great effort into your models and we want you to take home something unique; something you will proudly display. Expect no less this year since we design and make all our awards.
We welcome all modeling related vendors and hope you will be a part of our show. Vendor tables are available on a first come first serve basis. Tables are reserved for $30 apiece for the 1st two and $23 each for additional tables. No refunds after January 30, 2016. Please contact Bob Walls via the Contact page, or by phone at .
The following have reserved table space. This list is subject to change, so check periodically for the latest.
Artist Preservation Group Exhibit
The Artist Preservation Group Inc (APG) will be presenting an exhibit of world class painted Military Miniatures from a recently donated collection. The collection contains the work of US and international miniature artists. 12-15 pieces will be displayed. These pieces are currently available for sale, or will be auctioned in the future, to raise money for historic preservation. Find out more info on the APG here
We are very appreciative of any trophy package sponsorship. We'll have a list of sponsors and donors on prominent display at our show. Trophy packages (1st, 2nd & 3rd) are $25. Best of each class and remaining special awards including the Judge's Best of Show are $40 each. Sponsorships will also be recognized at our awards ceremony. For more info please contact Chazz Klanian via the Contact page, or by phone at .
Thank you corporate sponsors!
Thank you chapter/personal sponsors!
- IPMS Arm/Air
- IPMS Baltimore
- AMPS Central Maryland
- IPMS Central Maryland
- Maryland Auto Modelers Association (MAMA)
- New Jersey IPMS
- East Carolina Plastic Modelers
- IPMS Eagle Squadron
- AMPS Central Pennsylvania
- Central Pennsylvania IPMS
- IPMS Lackawanna Valley Scale Modelers
- IPMS Delaware Valley Scale Modelers
- Northern Virginia IPMS Modelers
- Roanoke Valley IPMS
- IPMS Washington DC
- AMPS/IPMS Central Virginia
- Richmond Automotive Modelers Society (RAMS)
- IPMS Tidewater
- Hampton Roads Ship Model Society
- National Capital Model Society
- Tidewater Automotive Modelers Society (TAMS)
- Washington Ship Model Society
- IPMS Washington D.C.
- Artist Preservation Group
- Milton Conkle
- John Kimbriel
- Frank Kranick
- E.L. Motley
- Jerry and Mady Quick
- Friends of David Hamilton
General Information Inquiries:
Please direct all other show inquires to:
Bob Walls via the Contact page, or by phone at
IPMS Richmond 2016 ODO
1706 Gately Drive
Richmond, VA 23238
Huge Kit Drawing:
Tickets will cost $1.00 each or $5.00 for six tickets. This part of our show is a highlight, but its success truly depends on individual and vendor donations to make it work. Please consider submitting unopened quality kits, books and or accessories to our Drawing Chairman. Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated and go towards the purchase of kits/accessories to even out the selection of items. To send a donation or a request for more information please contact Mike Lyons via the Contact page, or by phone at